Thames Valley Primary Care Agency
The Thames Valley Primary Care Agency (TVPCA ) is hosted by NHS Berkshire, but is jointly funded and provides core services to Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes PCTs.
The TVPCA exists to add value to the NHS, by providing quality administrative and advice services on behalf of taxpayers in a flexible way and supports frontline healthcare by operating local and national services which are cost effective and efficient.
As well as managing our core services we are also able to provide bespoke services specifically commissioned by individual PCTs.
Their core services are:
- Patient Registrations - to manage the process of patient registration with a GP practice
- Medical Records - the transfer, retrieval and archiving of Medical Records
- Screening Services - to ensure that all eligible women receive cervical and breast screening
- Direct and Indirect Payments - to make direct and in-direct payments to GPs, dentists, pharmacists and opticians
- Probity and Performance - to validate and check financial claims made by GPs, dentists, pharmacists and opticians
- Support Services - to provide a secure and confidential supplies and delivery service
- Information Analysis and Data Quality - to ensure accurate data is held on our system to allow accurate payments are made to GPs
Additional Bespoke Services Commissioned by Berkshire West PCT
- Referral Facilitation Centre - to support GP practices refer patients to a hospital of their choice
- Independent Sector Treatment Centre (ISTC):
- Management of Netcare Cataract Bookings
- Management of Capio Contract
- Management Musculo Skeletal Clinical Assessment Service
- Child Health Services - to enable children to receive appropriate vaccination, immunisation and health visiting and school nursing services
- Drug Action Team - to ensure appropriate payments are made for needle exchange and enhanced services
Contract Performance Management - Performance Management of GP, Dental, Ophthalmic and Community Pharmacy contracts in support of quality
care for patients.
The address for Thames Valley Primary Care Agency is:
7-9 Cremyll Road
Tel: 0118 918 3333
For more about TVPCA please see their website - www.tvpca.nhs.uk